UPDATE: Join Our Board
MWC has 10 open seats on our board for 2020. We are particularly interested in individuals from:
- Greater Minnesota
- Dakota, Ojibwe, Somali, Karen, LatinX, and Hmong communities
- Finance/Accounting expertise
- Human Resources expertise
- Nonprofit Law
- IT (design, security)
- Lobbying expertise
- Sexual Violence organization
Nominations open until through the end of February 2020. If interested please send a resume and completed application questions (posted below) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Board Application in subject line.
Self-nominations are accepted. We hope you’ll consider joining us in this important work!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
- What makes our mission meaningful to you?
- What are some of your prior board leadership experiences
- What skills, connections, resources, and expertise do you have to offer and are willing to use on the behalf of the organization?
- Do you have any worries or concerns about joining the board?
- Do you have personal aspirations that could be enhanced by board service?
- How much time a month can you commit to meetings and serving the mission?
- What motivates you?
- What are your expectations from the management of the nonprofits where you’ve served as a board member?
- Are you willing to make a financial commitment that is a stretch?
- How important is socially interacting with other members?