Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarship Fund
The application process for the Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarships has been designed to help the selection committee learn about your leadership experience, extracurricular involvement, and academic performance. Last year, we awarded 10 incoming freshman scholarships valued between $5,000 and $20,000. We invite all high-caliber high school seniors admitted to the Carlson School to apply!
The Scholarship Fund was founded by several alumni of the Alpha Eta chapter of the co-ed business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi. Since 1988, the Scholarship Fund has awarded nearly $2 million in scholarships to 275 recipients. For the 2018/19 academic year, we awarded over $200,000 to 10 incoming freshman and 33 upperclassmen. The Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to incoming freshman who have strong academic records and leadership experience and will attend the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. Information on how to apply as a high school senior is listed below.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
To be eligible to apply for an Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarship, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- MUST be an incoming freshman admitted to the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota
- have strong academic records
- demonstrate leadership experience
- Note: financial need will be taken into account for almost all of our scholarships. We request FAFSA information so applicants may be considered for all scholarships. If you do not have strong financial need, please apply but know that only a few of our awards do not consider financial need. Questions on this may be directed to Laura Murphy, Executive Director at or 617-515-5012 (text or call).
- To apply we request that you provide the following materials:
- Personal Information: Name, contact info, applicant photo, etc.
- High School Information: High School and any additional academic transcripts for at least the past two academic years.
- ACT Score: The score report from the testing authority.
- Family Financial Information: FAFSA
- Resume:Extracurricular activities, volunteering, hobbies, etc.
- Essays: Answer all 3 short essay questions (350 word maximum) in your own words.
- Tell us about a time you went outside of your comfort zone.
- Other than a relative, who has been an influential figure in your life that you look up to and why?
- Besides a degree and academic achievement, what do you hope to accomplish or gain from your college experience?
Note: You do not have to be a member of Alpha Kappa Psi to qualify for these scholarships. Alpha Kappa Psi members will not be given preferential treatment for these scholarships.